Saturday 23 October 2010

Fear and Loathing Halloween event


Last night my mam and I went to The Centre for Life's Halloween event, Fear and Loathing.

Iiiiiiiiiiiit's aliiiiiiiiiiiiive!

Fear and Loathing was an after hours, adults only Halloween extravaganza in the Centre for Life's main museum halls.
There was Absinthe tasting (I hold up my hands and admit that I cannot resist the temptation of a glass of Absinthe), Pendulum demos (my mam is really good at pendulum divining, I just can't get the hang of it though), an experiment to see if anybody could feel the spirits that haunt the building (the building is built on the site of an old hospital, which was in turn built on top of a plague pit from when the Black Death hit, this was found when the foundations for the museum were being made and people had to come out with Has-mat suits) ,

My orange lantern
orange carving (really hard by the way), an Edison Phonograph, various science demos and a comedic take on a Victorian Seance!

Mam warning the future about the dangers of The Cybermen with the Edison Phonograph!

We also got to have another look around the Dr Who exhibit, and infront of the Rakknos was a coffin!
Hardly one of the Vampires of Venice...

This lady went as the Green Fairy and won the costume contest...Did you spot the Absinthe spoon in her hair?
My outfit for the day was a vintage Chinese Brocade dress.
With the lady who did the pendulums demo.
It was great event, and if there is another next year  fully intend to go to that to :)
I don't have a photo of my hair yet today (I haven't styled it yet), but I do have...
Smoke rings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails