Saturday 13 April 2013

Victorian Pin-Up Shoot


I've wanted to do a shoot like this for quite a while now, but it's been a case of finding the right photographer for it, and I think that Kat in a Hat Photography did a fantastic job of it!

It was pointed out when this was posted on Facebook yesterday that it looks like I have no reflection here...Perhaps I am the Vampire of the North after all?

I was inspired by some of the photographs in The Amsterdam Sex Museum (website is NSFW)'s collection of photos of Victorian prostitutes (it's funny how what was once considered shocking and half dressed could almost be considered "too much clothing" by today's standards!), and the outfit is pretty much the same as the one I wore to the Vampire Ball at the Bram Stoker film Festival in Whitby last October, with the addition   of an actual Victorian, antique hair fork that was my Christmas present from Kevin this year.


This was also the first time I have had a shoot in a studio (Banana Studio in Newcastle, which has been featured in various magazines and was a fantastic place to have a first studio shoot in), and once I got over how bright studio lighting is (seriously the first time the flash went off I thought I'd never see again!), I quite enjoyed it!

You can see the full set of photos on Kat's page :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails