Friday 20 January 2012

Friday Feature - Colgate Mouthwash


Colgate Plax

Reviews are my honest opinions 100% of the time, I point out both positive and negative aspects of the product. All of my reviews are based on personal opinions and experiences.


I'm delighted to be able to announce the results of my very first product test.
Please bare with me and keep in mind that this was the very first product I was sent to review, there are a few things I know I could have done better and these will be done better in future product reviews.
Moving swiftly onwards.
I had never used a mouthwash before until I used Colgate Plax, I never used it as a child and then when I got older I heard that halitosis (which is what mouthwashes are supposed to protect you from) was made up as an advertising ploy by another company, I didn't (and still don't) have bad breath and so I never saw the need to use mouthwashes.
Therefore I was a blank canvas to mouthwash when this one arrived.

Colgate Plax claims to provide 12 hour protection against plaque and bacteria and the reason they give for using this alongside toothpaste is that apparently 80% of bacteria in the mouth is on your cheeks, gums and tongue (although this sounds very feasible, they don't offer a source for this information so I take it with a pinch of salt).

I was given the "cool mint" flavour, which taste wise is ok I suppose, it isn't overpoweringly minty, but it isn't very subtle either.
I do believe that it protects against plaque for 12 hours as my teeth stayed feeling smooth all day during the time I was using it rather than ending up feeling a little "gritty" by bed time.
I'm not sure it protects against bacteria though as that is a little harder to see, although none of my teeth have suddenly fallen out or gone black or anything so I guess that's a plus.

Over all I found this an enjoyable experience, I will do some research to find out if that part about 80% of bacteria not being on your teeth is true and if it is I'm pretty certain I will be adding Colgate Plax to my daily routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails