Wednesday 13 June 2012

The oldest photographs

The photo was taken by Bolko Schmiechen in Sunderland. I found lots of other Bolko Schmiechen photos on google but I have no idea who these people are other than that they are related to me.

This is probably the last old photos post for a while, I am going to try and clean up some of the photos I scanned before starting on the next family album.

Seated gentleman

These are the oldest photos in the album, unfortunately none of them say who they are.

Bow ties are cool!

Some of the photos are marked as having been taken by Bolko Schmiechen, after a lot of googling I managed to find out that Bolko was Prussian, and moved to Sunderland where he married a local girl called Lucy in 1869 (source).


This one was taken by A & G Taylor and I've been able to figure out that this one was taken between 1880 and 1882 using information on the same website as I found the information about Bolko Schmiechen due to clues on the back and the rounded corners!

Given the dates I guess that these people could well be my Great, Great, Great Grandparents family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails