Thursday 18 June 2015

Be Gorgeous - Be Glamorous - Be a Goddess

Continuing the theme of "stuff from 2008 I found in a box in my parent's shed".

I used to have this on my note board in my room in first year, it was the back page of a magazine I used to buy called Scarlet (which was unfortunately cancelled when I was in second year :( ).
In amongst the articles I bought it for that introduced me to the concepts of Female Domination as more than just a comedy trope, puppy play and boot worship (I was 19 and living on my own for the first time, I was kind of a curious kitten about sexuality), there were often full page adverts for The Plus Size Lingerie Lounge and they were one of the first times I encountered plus size women presented as anything other than the comic relief or someone who must deep down hate themself.
As a fashion student who was plus sized herself this had a huge impact on me, and for a while I actually considered going into underwear design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails