Friday 28 August 2015

Safe Spaces


Over the last few days in the UK there has been lot of debate on if we should have women only carriages on trains.
Now a lot of people have, understandably said that it would be better to just punish the people causing the problems all ready, and I agree, but I feel like that is a huge over simplification.
In the UK, we currently have a society that often doesn't take women's complaints about the behaviour of men often aren't taken seriously (and before anybody whines, I am not trying to say all men are trouble makers), and while I do think this can and should change it's not something that can or will change over night, a lot of people's attitudes need to change, and so I fully support the idea of safe spaces on public transport because of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails