Friday 1 October 2010

Changes

Day 10 - A picture of what you like to do



There are so many things I like to do, it's hard to pick one photo, my instant reaction was to go for "hang out with friends" but there are friend related photo tasks later on so I've gone for "see live music" instead.
I took this photograph of The 69 Eyes at the Mera Luna festival.
Admission of guilt, I squeed like a fangirl at The 69 Eyes :D

Another thing I like to do is take photographs of things that interest me. I'm not a great photographer, I know that, but I do like keeping a record of the things I see, because you never know when things might change.
Speaking of things changing, right now my old home town (Gateshead) is losing one of it's landmarks.
In the middle of town, lie the remains of the Gateshead Multi Storey Car Park, designed by Rodney Gordon was featured in the film Get Carter.
It has stood there since 1966, and was never really thought through to be honest and has stood in a state of disrepair for a long, long time.
I'm not really sad to see it go, because to be perfectly honest it was dangerous and I thought it was an ugly building.
But during the demolition it has become one of those "interesting things" I like to photograph.

This one is from September 24th


This taken on the same day is all that remains of the shops my grandma used to take me to as a child.


This one was taken just a few days ago.

Apparently at lunch time tomorrow the final piece will be knocked over and it will be all gone forever.
I do think it's a bit of a shame (even though I find the style ugly myself) that we are losing so much architecture from the 1960's, but if building aren't looked after (like this one wasn't), they become unsafe.
The pink boards around the site to stop people getting in have become a bit of a magnet for Anarchist Graffiti.


"This is modernisation? Ha'way n' shite man!"


"People should not b afraid of their Government, Government should be afraid of their people!"

There was plenty more, but most of my photos came out blurry :(

In other news, I've been having a bit of a crappy time of it lately, so to cheer me up my mam bought me some fabulous Halloween hairslides. :D
Simple little things go a long way.
I love my mammy <3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails