Friday 8 October 2010

Friday Feature: La Carmina and the Pirates


One of my favourite bloggers La Carmina (author of Crazy, Wacky Theme Restaurants and Cute Yummy Time: 70 Recipes for the Cutest Food You'll Ever Eat ) has a new venture!
La Carmina and the Pirates, is a new Japanese alternative and trend consulting bussiness started by La Carmina and Naomi Rubin (with a little help from friends and the ever adorable Basil the Scottish Fold as logo kitteh).
La Carmina, of course made her name with her blog (clicky ), and as I said and her books Crazy, Wacky, Theme Restaurants and Cute Yummy Time.
She has also had a string of recent TV appearances, including The Today Show, The Travel Channel and CNN International.
Naomi Rubin is a fluent Japanese to English translator and has been involved at some stage in the publication of eleven books, four of which are from the “Kanji de Manga” Japanese learning series.
She is also a coordinator of the fabulous Dr Sketchy's ( clicky ) life Cabaret Life Drawing Class in Tokyo.
Between them thy are now offering their experience as Tend consultants in Tokyo, TV hosts, Production arrangers and tour guides to some of the most difficult to access elements of Japanese Alt Cultures for TV and film crews in Asia.
They are open to working with both English Language and Japanese film companies and can offer insight into various parts of the Tokyo Alternative scene including (but not limited to); Fashion, Cosplay, Alt music, maid cafes, LGBT culture, burlesque, gadgetry and unique Japanese fads and crazes. 
Interested?
La Carmina and the Pirates can be found here :)

***
Regular blog entry note:

Today's challenge is:
Day 21 - A picture that makes you think of your loved ones


I like how it caught me in various stages of my hair growing back in that one. Anyways, most of the people I love are in that are in that one.
Also I don't have a photo of the nail art I tried to do yesterday because it went horibly wrong.  I'm not going to let it put me off so I will keep trying until it works :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails