Thursday 7 October 2010

Adapting tutorials to your own style

Day 20 - A picture of where you want to honeymoon

Although a Honeymoon requires a wedding, and I'm not sure I want to marry. Maybe it's just that I don't understand the idea of marriage, but I don't see why you need a fancy ring and a big dress to say you love someone? (Don't get me wrong I like big dresses, but what's the point of one just for one day?).
Anyhow,if I suddenly came into a lot of money I'd like to visit the Palace of Versailles.

This morning I saw this post by one of my favourite blogers Violet LeBeaux and I was really inspired by the nail tutorial, but it's pink and pink is so not my colour!
So I hd a little bit of a think about it and I decided I still wanted to try it, but I'd change the colours to suit my style a little more.
So later on today I am going to try red flowers on a black background, I'll take photos so you can likely see the results tomorrow.
This isn't the first and likely won't be the last time I've seen a tutorial that I've liked but thought wouldn't suit me and so adapted it (a lot of the forthcoming hairstyles in my 30 day challenge I have adapted from tutorials on youtube).
Tutorial instructions aren't set in stone, and it's amazing what people can do with some basic instructions and a little bit of a creative flourish to make them more "their style".
Never be afraid to experiment!
In other news, I'm still having a little bit of blogers block so I'm gonna make a big list of topics later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails