Tuesday 5 October 2010

Street Art

Day 18 - A picture of your room



Aaaaaand I'm all caught up again. Starting tomorrow I'll be back down to one post per day.
I enjoy looking at graffiti, it makes boring buildings look far more interesting.

"Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a dream, realise it. Life is a game, play it. Life is love, share it."

A lot of things are known about Ancient civilisations because of the graffiti they left behind. Almost all we know about day to day life in Ancient Egypt comes from things Archaeologists found scrawled on bits of wall in the town of the Pyramid workers.
  I wonder what future people will think of us?

 

Some of my favourite modern artists have a background in Graffiti. Around four years ago The Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art (clicky ), held an exhibit of street art, and there I saw and fell in love with the work of Shepherd Fairey.


As far as I'm aware to date, it's still the most attended exhibit they're ever had.
As part of it a lot of the featured artists also did artwork around Newcastle and Gateshead.
These above and below pieces are by Fairey and are in Heworth Metro station.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails