Thursday 11 November 2010

Alice and the Pirates: Carousel applique

I love velvet, I guess this is my goth side working it's way out.
I'm not overly fond of Sweet Motifs (though I do like Wonder Cookie, and every now and then I'll find an AP print I think looks good in black), but I like this.
To me this is a perfect blend of Victorian inspired Goth and Sweet, very much wish listed :D

The JSK is very pretty, I think out of the colour schemes, over all I prefer the red, it's a lovely colour and suits the velvet very well.
I seem to be in the minority, but I really like the pom pom trim and I think it looks especially good in the black.
I like the simplicity of the overall shape of the JSK, I think this is what I usually don't like about Sweet Lolita designs, they are usually far to fussy for my taste, but this is simple and elegant.

I love the detail of the heart shaped buttons, they manage to be cute and classy at the same time.

Strangely enough, even though I usually prefer JSKs, I actually prefer the OP of this design. I like the pleats, it's unusal, the sleeves are gorgeous and I can see myself wearing this with my hair in long ringleted pigtails, holding a copy of A Christmas Carrol and sitting by a fire :D
 I'm not keen on the bag though, I don't think it really goes with the other peices in the collection, it feels to distant.

***

What do you think of Carousel Applique?

***



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails