Tuesday 8 February 2011

The big big sewing project :D


My current big sewing project is a modified 18th Century Ladies Hunting Jacket.
I want to have this done for Whitby in October, but there is a lot of work needs doing, and a few changes to the pattern so I'm starting now.

The pattern is from Patterns of Fashion 1: 1660-1860 by Janet Arnold.
Basically it's a really good resource for anybody interested in historical patterns as they're all taken from real garments rather than made by guesswork like a lot of patterns based on the clothing of times gone by.


This is the pattern I'm using, I'm modifying it to make the part below the waist a little shorter.
I'm going to make a few mock ups in cheap cotton so I can see what needs adjusting.

***

Day 14: A picture of the perfect room.


The Hall of Mirrors at Versailles 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails