Saturday 5 February 2011

Hellfire!


So last night was Hellfire (the rock night that Kev) DJs. It was pretty packed last night (you can kind of see a full club in that picture, it was hard to take photos though because Feral was playing with the dry ice again!), I was pretty much run off my feet all night collecting up requests and dealing with headcases (protip: leaping over the security barrier will not get your request played, leaping over the security barrier and ignoring me when I tell you to GTFO out of the DJ booth will not get your request played, leaping over the security barrier and ignoring me when I tell you to GTFO out of the DJ booth and demanding the DJs play something that goes against our music policy because you and your 10 friends in a club that has around 300 people in it at the time you asked will not get you request played,  leaping over the security barrier and ignoring me when I tell you to GTFO out of the DJ booth and demanding the DJs play something that goes against our music policy because you and your 10 friends in a club that has around 300 people in it at the time you asked and then arguing with myself, both of the night's DJs and the DJ of another night who happens to be helping out with the dry ice machine and then storming off with the pen meaning NOBODY can write a request down WILL NOT GET YOUR DAMN REQUEST PLAYED!).

As amusing as they are, writing crazy notes doesn't help either, case and point:

While it's a very nice note and the kisses are cute, what are we supposed to do? Write "No it's not glam, yes we'll play some Disturbed later in the night" and put it back? Oh well I hope she had a good night, and I'm relatively sure Down with the Sickness got played at some point.
This was a pretty cool request sheet though, bribery doesn't usually work, but this was just to cool to ignore:
 I actually ended up stealing that at the end of the night :D

So yeah, other than crazy guy that was determined to get some Oasis played on a heavy rock night (actually later in the night he did bring the pen back and request the System of a Down song that was PLAYING WHILE HE WAS WRITING IT DOWN!), it was a pretty cool night, fun was had by all, and my feet came home very sore!

***

 Day 13: A picture of the perfect pet.

STIRFRY!
Well cats in general really :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails