Thursday 10 November 2011

Whitby Alt Fest October 2011: Sunday

Slightly disturbed by how shiny my face is in this picture.

Sunday I met up with Hutchy_Cheese and her boyfriend for a nice cup of tea in Sherlock's Tearoom.
I'd not been in Sherlocks until then, it's a lovely little place with a very cosy interior and their selection of cakes looks amazing (they don't have a Vegan choice, but for those of you non-Vegans if their cupcakes taste as good as they look then you are in for a treat).
Afterwards we took a look around the stalls at the Leisure Centre.
There seemed to be rather a lot of hats this year, which is great because I love hats, but at the same time not so great because I was a little lacking in funds this time and couldn't afford any :(

Afterwards I met up with Kev and we went for Sunday dinner at The Vineyard.
For my starter I had their roasted red pepper soup and Kev had their creamy garlic mushrooms.
My soup was delicious, I don't think I've ever had a nicer red pepper soup before, and Kev seemed to enjoy his mushrooms.
My main was a mushroom and pepper (again!) risotto, initially there didn't seem to be very much of it but looks were deceiving and it filled me up leaving no space for desert!
Again it was very nice though.

After that we headed back to our holiday home to chill for a few hours until it was time to go to Sexy Sunday.
The theme this time was True Blood, unfortunately I don't have anything that really resembles anything from True Blood, so I just went out in Lolita with fangs.
Kev's fangs refused to mould to his teeth so he had to go fangless, and thus I guess went as dinner perhaps?

For a donation to the Northumberland Cats Protection Society you could pose with the coffin I am pictured with above at both Sexy Sunday and Manic Monday, and combined with the money raised from the raffle I'm told they raised £459 for Cats Protection and Labrador Welfare in Sheffield.

The bar in the Met had a couple of new things since our last visit so we ended up with a jug of Southern Comfort between us (seemed like a good idea at the time but when it was just two of us we ended up not really drinking it quick enough and the ice melted and made it a little weird :/) and then shots of Southern Comfort with Tabasco Sauce in them (I know it sounds weird but trust me it really worked).

The music played was mostly what we like to hear and so we managed to do plenty of silly dancing, 'twas a fun night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails