Sunday 2 December 2012

Extreme Largeness Review

Pretty!

Earlier this week I was contacted by Frankie Buttons from Extreme Largeness an alternative, handmade jewellery company based in Manchester to ask if I would like to review one of their products.
After taking a look at their website I settled on the Double Bat Cameo Necklace.

An unexpected surprise!

A few days later my cameo arrived in a small, padded envelope, along with an unexpected custom, mirror letter necklace featuring my blog tittle!
Both necklaces are on 45cm chains, the bat cameo is on a black chain and the QotWF one is on a silver coloured chain.
I was particularly interested in the black chain, as I have had jewellery before on coloured chains where the first time I wore them the colour rubbed off on my skin, so not only did I wear the bat cameo last night, I also washed and rubbed the chain a few times (I like to be thorough for my reviews!), and thus far the colour hasn't budged, nor do I think it will any time soon.

Worn detail shot, you can get a better idea of size here.

The pendants themselves are incredibly well made, acrylic pieces, they're a little thicker than some of the acrylic jewellery I have bought from other companies in the past which makes them more durable.
The individual pieces that make up the pendants are also very well attached, I did have a bit of a go to see if I could wiggle the bats or the letters loose, but (thankfully) they wouldn't move.

Unfortunately it snuck under my blouse in this photo!

The double bat cameo necklace retails at £5, and a personalised name necklace block costs £10 which I think is pretty good value for money, especially when I have in the past paid more than that for products that weren't as nicely made from other companies.

Worn as part of an outfit with my Surface Spell Underbust JSK, and a thrifted blouse.

Final Totals

Double Bat Cameo

Design: 5/5
Quality: 5/5
Durability: 5/5
Value for Money: 5/5

Personalised Name Necklace Block

Design: 4.5/5 
(a couple of the letters are a little wonky, I quite like how that looks but I'm not sure if that is intentional or not)
Quality: 5/5
Durability: 5/5
Value for Money: 5/5

I'm already deciding what to buy when I have money after Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails