Tuesday 14 October 2014

Dress Inspirations

via Flickr

The dress is something I have been thinking about for a while now, I don't really trust anybody else to make exactly what I want so I'm going to make my own.
I want something that represents me, and I have quite a flair for the dramatic so my dress will be pretty dramatic too.

via LACMA

I love the splendor of Georgian Rococo gowns and so I have bought myself a historically accurate pattern for a Robe a la Francaise. This will be somewhat of a challenge for me as I've never made anything this grand before, and I will have to also make all of the underpinnings (including a set of stays), and so I will be making a trial run in a different fabric.
My grandma gave me an old pair of blue taffeta curtains earlier in the year and I plan on making the trail run with these, if it doesn't work out, well the fabric was free, if it does work out I have something fabulous to wear for the BSIFF next year!


I do have a fabric picked out for the final dress, but I think it might be a little unlucky to share it before I even make the trial run!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails