Thursday 14 October 2010

Carl Warner's Foodscapes

Day 27 - A picture of you more than 10 years ago

That's me in the front practising my derp face!

I was browsing the metro news site today when I came across this article about the artist Carl Warner.
Basically, forhis new book he has combined two of my favourite things.


Food and art! (chocolate lovers should click the link to the article).
Who among us hasn't ever looked at broccoli and thought"this looks like a tree!"


These appeal to me in the same way Bento boxes do, they prove that food can be beautiful.
From a distance they don't look like food at all, they look like slightly strange landscapes, when I first saw the above photo I mistook it for a snow scene, but something seemed a little odd, I suspected maybe photoshop.
Imagine my surprise when I saw not snow but ham!
The one thing that worries me is that maybe this food all went to waste, I hope not, I hope there was a big feast afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails