Saturday 16 October 2010

Friday Feature 2: Bloodmyer: Raising money to help fight Breast Cancer

Today's Friday Feature is my wonderful friend Bloodmyer.


Bloodmyer is currently raising money to help the fight against Breast Cancer.
You might already know Bloodmyer from her make-up tutorials on her youtube channel or her art on her deviant art page so I caught up with her to ask her a few questions about her decision to do some charity work.

So why did you choose to donate money to help fight Breast Cancer?

I've given to charity all my life, but through it I have met many women who have had, or are living with breast cancer and their strength and power inspires me.
I know it's not the same, but I've had a lot of health problems and the strength of these women inspires me, so I want to help the best I can.

Why did you pick now to do something?

I didn't really. I've done things for charity for years, but this is the first time I have hosted an event.

Can you tell me some of the charities you have donated to before?

The NSPCC and the RSPCA

What are you planning on doing to raise money?

I am going to be hosting three events:

For the first one I will be vlogging daily on my youtube channel until the end of the events to hopefully raise money from all over the world.
For this I am having a duck picking competition, the winner gets 50% of the cash from it with the rest going to charity.
The second event is a day time party, it's a Cosplay and Lolita meet and it will be a day of fun and events, sharing cake, drinking tea and having a good, fun day raising money with constant singing and dancing.
The third and final event will be hosted at  a Charnel House club night. I will be baking cookies and selling them, there will also be a raffle for a handmade gift, made by me PLUS, an extra surprise on the night.
I swore on my grave I would never do it, but this is for a good cause.


***

Regular bloggy note:

Day 28 - A picture of what you wore today


Unfortunatly this is my first fail. I couldn't get a photo of what I was wearing :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails