Wednesday 13 October 2010

Edinburgh

Day 25 - A picture that you edited

I did this one as a gift fr someone on Vampirefreaks a few years back. I changed her skintone, the colour of her shirt, her eye colour, her lip colour and darkened her hair.

I wasn't able to blog yesterday because I had to go to a meeting in response to that letter of complaint I sent a few weeks back, I was pretty much called a liar, but I don't want to get into too much negativity in my blog, so instead I want to talk about other things that happened in the day.
 To get to our destination, we had to stop of in Edinburgh, both on the way there, and on the way back.
The Tron on Edinburgh's Royal Mile.

Edinburgh's historical old town is one of my mother and I's favourite places to visit.
Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland, although it isn't the largest city in Scotland (Glasgow is).
Central Edinburgh is divided into two parts, The Old Town, and The New Town.
We're big fans of The Old  Town, parts of which have been around since the Middle Ages.
My mam on The Royal Mile

It's in The Old Town where such beautiful, old places such as Edinburgh Castle, Greyfriars Kirkyard, and The Edinburgh Vaults can be found.
Unfortunately we were only there for a few hours and didn't have time to visit any of these places this time.
We did however visit one of my favourite bars for some food.
The sign over the door of Frankenstein's bar.

I'm not usually a fan of theme bars and restaurants (that's a little more La Carmina's territory), but I love Frankenstein's.
Mam again with Frankenstein's Monster.

I think it has something to with the way they go all out to make the place really look like Dr Frankenstein's lair.
It looks from the outside as though the building might have been a church at some point , which is an excellent starting point for anything that s meant to look imposing (which Frankenstein's lair is meant to be).
 The lightning conductor.

Also around they have illuminated, stained glass reproductions of early movie posters (the ones featuring Boris Karloff), and a big screen that shows some of the movies all day (no sound though), when we were in we were treat to the Karloff version.

Their food selection has something for everyone (even me...And I'm a Vegan!), this time we had the vege burgers.
they were pretty monstrously (cwutididthar?) huge, and came with nice, thick British chips (for my US readers, the're kind of like fries but A LOT BIGGER), freshly made onion rings and a small tub of salsa.

Even if you don't need to go, you should defiantly visit the toilets before leaving, a creepy, whispery audio track is played in there of the monster growling and Dr Frankenstein warning you to leave (probably not so great to hear "I'm watching you" if you suffer from nervous bladder though).
All in all, despite earlier negativity, I managed to have a pretty nice day with my mam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails