Sunday 3 October 2010

I'm always willing to learn, when you've got something to teach

Day 14 - A picture of your favorite teacher(s)

I decided not to go down the route of school teachers, or college or uni lecturers (mostly because I don't have photos of those people, and I have no way of contacting my favourite teacher of all time to say "Hi do you mind me posting your photo on the internet?").
Instead I've gone for people who have taught me important life lessons.
Those two up there are Bloodmyer and Metty :)
Before I met them I was a horrendous nervous wreck around people,a lot of the people I did know were just using me and I was somewhat of a laughing stock for a lot of my life choices and who I am.
Despite the best efforts of my friend Gavin, I was a very angry young person, who had a lot of hate and couldn't work out why she was never happy.
Then I met Bloodmyer and Metty, wait no what am I saying.
It was more like I saw them from a distance and thought "wow they're so cool" and really wanting to talk to them but kept chickening out.
About a year (I know, I know, I was a complete wimp back then), later they were talking to someone I knew and I lept into the conversation like some sort of crazy rabid fangirl (*giant animé sweat drop of embarrassment*), and finally talked to them.
That was almost three years ago now (holy crap it doesn't seem that long).
They taught me to come out of my shell, they taught me not to hate myself (really self hate is kind of pointless now I think about it), they taught me to think, look and feel how I wanted to think look and feel, and bar Gavin, they were the first people who didn't respond with "no you aren't" or call me greedy when I came out as Bisexual to them.
They gave me my confidence back and taught me to be a better person, and for that, they are my favourite teachers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails