Friday 5 November 2010

Friday Feature- Violet LeBeaux


I'm delighted to announce that this week's Friday Feature is with the lovely Violet LeBeaux.
Violet's blog is one of my favourites that I follow (mostly because of her ingenious crafting and beauty tutorials).


You are known for your take on the Hime Gyaru style, how did you first become interested in Hime Gyaru?

I became interested in Hime Gyaru around 3 years ago. At the time I was involved more in Lolita Fashion but became ill and thus unable to wear Lolita for a while. I had been aware of Hime styles for a while but had never really looked into it. I was looking for something cute but slightly more casual to wear and it grew on me over time.

Your blog has a lot of wonderful tutorials, my favourite is the second of the two recent Bodyline shoe mods you did, what is your favourite of the tutorials you've done to date, and where do you get your inspiration from?

Thank you so much! My favorite so far was when I transformed my old Filofax into something that suited my current tastes more. I think I liked that tutorial so much because not only was the outcome very cute but it also showed how when your tastes change you don't need to drop everything you own and buy new things, you can modify things to an outcome that suits your tastes now.

You have a new e-book "Blogging in Style with Violet", can you tell us a little bit about that and where we can get it from?

Yes! Thank you for mentioning it :D My e-book is basically a beginner's guide to starting and maintaining a cute blog. While the style is definitely along the cute side I think the information can be applied to any style of blog. The information is all presented with fun illustrations  so it's easy to follow for those who haven't much experience. You can read more information, download a preview or purchase it for US$8 in my store here 


Finally, can you give us any hints as to what will be in your as yet unreleased second book?

My second book will be all about the craft and style tutorials that people have enjoyed on my blog! All of the old favorites will be there as well as a whole lot of new tutorials exclusive to the book. It's going to be sold as a large hardcover edition as well as broken up into smaller paper back books which will each contain one chapter on a specific topic... eg nail art, around the house etc. There is a huge amount of work going into it so while it's taking a little longer than I anticipated, I really hope that the wait will be worth it!

Thank you Violet :)

***

Today's question: Who is your favourite blogger?

***
I've heard from a few people that people have been having trouble leaving comments, I'm not sure what was going on with that, I've tried every combination of the blogger comment settings I can find and it still wasn't working so I've switched to Disqus.
Hopefully this will fix the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails