Monday 25 February 2013

Ziad Ghanem AW10/11 Finale (possibly NSFW if your workplace hates pasties and bare bottoms)


Today I decided to post this video that Queenie found earlier and I sort of fell in love with!
I do love a fashion show that also includes a bit of theatre, this, well this has bucket loads of it.
From the first swoosh of that gorgeous, brocade cloak, it's clear that this show is something special, and it doesn't disappoint!
I am a fan of burlesque, but I have been pretty disappointed by burlesque revival surge we've seen in the past few years, thudding across a stage in a tacky ebay "corset" with tiny feather fans and all the grace of the ballet hippos from Fantasia is not burlesque.
Imodesty Blaise commands the full attention of the catwalk with her powerful stride, and manages to showcase not one but three outfits (my favourite being the green)
Take note, THIS is what a corset should look like: A streamlined piece that hugs the wearer's body, not a shapeless mess made in a sweat shop.

What follows is literally the most diverse group of models wearing some of the most beautiful pieces  I've seen in a catwalk show in quite some time!

In closing, I can only really describe this with a tumblrism:

UNF!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails