Friday 24 September 2010

Day 07 - A picture that makes you cry


I couldn't get a photo of the actual tie, but this is very similar to the one a girl tried to strangle me with when I was twelve.
I was always eager to learn as a child, but the school system let me down when I needed it.
I was unable to protect myself from a group of at least twenty girls and boys, some my own age, and some older from beating me up and then leaving me in a heap on the grass. Nobody stepped in to help me, the few friends I had hid and waited for it to be over so they could pick me back up when it was done and make sure I was ok.
Yes the sight of the real tie does make me cry, and does remind me of what I went through, but it's also a symbol of strength to me.
That was the last day that I was ever weak, that was the last day I ever curled up and hoped that it would hurry up and be over.
Ever since then I've never let anybody hurt me.
People have tried, but after what I went through, I'm never letting anybody hurt me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails