Saturday 9 April 2011

Charnel House Whitby, The Masquerade Ball, Sexy Sunday and Manic Monday (and outfit post)


During the weekend we were out every night. I don't actually have very many photos from the nights because I didn't want to tread on the event photographer's toes, but I have a few.

***


On Friday I travelled down to Whitby wearing this, not the most glamorous of outfits,but perfect for the journey.

I transformed into this for Charnel House Whitby.

Hairslide: Claire's Accesories
Necklace: Vintage
Fan: Forever In Black
Blouse: Hand-me-down from my mother
Corset: Forever In Black
Skirt: Handmade by me
Socks: altered by me (they're the sparkle socks)

***


All four nights took place in The Met (this is it before Charnel House Whitby on Friday). I like the Met, but it was a little bit of a shame that all four nights were there, however it is nice venue.

Charnel House Whitby was similar to a normal Charnel House, but in Whitby and a lot bigger (and with Crabbie's ginger beer behind the bar NOM NOM NOM).
The night involved lots of listening and dancing to some of the best Goth and Alternative tunes played by DJ's Ghost, Queenie and Kev36663.
I also got to catch up with friends old and new and some people I hadn't seen since the last time I was in Whitby!

***


Saturday was the Masquerade Ball, as I didn't get my dress finished in time, I decided to go for an Ero Loli inspired look instead.

Facinator: Forever in Black
Mask: Forever in Black
Choker: Forever in Black
Top: Gift from Queenie
Corset: Forever in Black
Skirt: Hand made by me
Small Petti: Forever in Black
Socks: Poundland


***


The entertainment for the night was a mixture of music from DJs Ghost, Queenie and Kev36663, and live music from Dyonisis.
Nel wore a light up dress :D


Dyonisis played two sets, a stripped down, acoustic (ish) set at the beginning of the night, and then a full set near the end.

***


For Sexy Sunday I wore Old School style Lolita.

Necklace and earrings: A stall in the Gothic Market
Blouse: Gift from Queenie
JSK: Handmade by me
Epic Poof Petti: Handmade by me
Socks: Poundland

Sexy Sunday is a club night featuring Goth and Alternative music chosen by DJs Ghost, Queenie, Dave the Hat and Deadguy.
They also have an Absinthe raffle (which I didn't win) mmmm Absinthe...

***


Manic Monday was School Reunion themed. I decided to let out my inner child to play and do my make up a lot like how I did when I was first learning to use make-up.

Earrings: Claire's Accesories
Blouse: Gift from Queenie
Skirt: Christmas present from my mam a few years back
Bloomers: Forever in Black


DUCKFACE!

Manic Monday (same DJs as Sexy Sunday), was a lot of fun, even if it was a little quieter than the last time.

***

20.    If you could introduce a LGBTQ character into any franchise (TV show, comic, book series etc.), how would you do it? What would they be like?

Oh totally Comic Book! Monsta Dearest and I came up with a concept for a Bisexual Supervillian purely called "The Bisexual", The Bisexual parodies the way that Bisexual people are treated by a small number of idiots in the Hetro and Homosexual communities.
The Bisexual wears a top hat and a rainbow cape, their powers are to be able to steal anybodies girl/boyfriend regardless of their sexuality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails