Monday 30 December 2013

Myself as a Mixtape

I had this idea to describe myself in twelve songs, so if you don't know me that well you can find out in a fun way :)

1. Tori Amos - Silent all these years

I am really crap at talking to people, like REALLY CRAP. I'm not as bad as I used to be but sometimes if something isn't right I sort of retreat back into not speaking or trusting anybody.
Also I just really like Tori's way with words, the first time I heard it I literally envisioned Damien from The Omen yelling at her in the kitchen before she turned into a mermaid and swam away.

2. AFI - The Boy Who Destroyed The World

It doesn't describe me any more, but it was a big part of my life a few years back and was the soundtrack to my loneliness. Now it's just a catchy tune with a lot of memories.

3. The Evil Love Song from Phineas and Ferb

Yes I know I picked a song from a kids cartoon buuuuuuuut.
Yeah this totally describes Kev and I... Why don't we have an evil robot army? We'd make awesome supreme rulers of the universe!

4. Adam and The Ants - Stand and Deliver

"I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention!" You've seen my wardrobe right?

5. Patrick Wolf - Tristan 

I first heard this when I was going through a weird point in my life, I'd realised I was just going to have to put up with all the crap that was going on in it and thus though "so be it".

6. Bat for Lashes - Daniel

I just love this so much and can't put my finger on why.

7. Alice in Videoland - Little Bird

I like to dance... A lot... With everybody!

8. Hole - Doll Parts

I realise it's totally a drug euphemism buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I would like to be the girl with the most cake.

9. Free - Wishing Well

It just gets stuck in my head FOREVER, massive earworm of mine.

10 Scandal - The Warrior

Speaking of earworms! Seriously though I used to be obsessed with this video because I thought she looked like she belonged in the X Men cartoon (which was another obsession of mine when I was a kiddie).

11. 4 None Blondes - What's Up?

The first song I ever learned the lyrics to.

12. Shakespear's Sister - I don't Care

Pretty much sums me up (rather creepily) in a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails