Friday 20 March 2015

Underwear: From corsets to bullet-bras and back

So I have been nose-diving into what The Victoria and Albert Museum has to say about corsets lately.
I visited the V and A when I was a teenager, I really hope I can go back at some point as I'd love to take a little longer to examine their collections, and I would very much like to take a look at some of the archive pieces that they don't have on display and are storing at the moment.
It's so nice to find a bit of un-biased history now and again.
I've never worn an Edwardian "s-bend" corset, so I don't know if it is true that they are uncomfortable or not, but I do love the shape they give, so I'm hoping that I will get to give one a try eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails