Wednesday 8 April 2015

Liebster Award Part 2!

I was tagged by Schnauzevoll of Just Keep Brains, I did actually do this already back in 2012 but I think it's long enough ago to give it another try. 


Rules

1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have fewer than 200 followers.
5. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.

Facts

1. Reading my post from 2012 made me cringe so hard my eyebrows vanished into my hairline.

2. Apparently I am aging backwards because I have been ID'd in pubs six times this year, previous to that I had only been asked for ID once since I was 16 (and of course it was the one time I didn't have my passport with me!).

3. "Drunky Alex" stories still happen, I once told a guy in a pizza shop in Sheffield he looked like Ned Stark, only to find out like a year later that apparently Sean Bean's brother owns a pizza shop in Sheffield.

4. I love to try new and exciting foods, well maybe new isn't the right word, I don't want to come off sounding like I'm Coloumbusing quinoa or anything, but food that's new to me. I love cooking new dishes too, not so much if they don't work out how I wanted!

5. I started corset training in November and already I am starting to see the effects on my body. Even without the corset I have a more pronounced waist and my posture is miles better than it used to be.

6. I am a Feminist and although I am not perfect at it I strive to be as inter-sectional as possible. Sometimes though I can't see past my own privilege and need people to explain what I'm missing.

7. Affirmation by Savage Garden is probably sums me up as a person. Yeah I know they were a boyband but I'm entitled to a little bit of cheese now and then right?

8. Speaking of cheese, I have been a vegetarian since I was born. I have never eaten meat. For almost ten years I was a vegan but I had to stop early last year because I had been pretty rubbish at making sure my diet was balanced and ended up calcium deficient. I wouldn't rule out trying again some time though. Although I don't necessarily disagree with eating animals in theory, as I've got older my argument has become more against farming than anything else, the farming system as it is is so wasteful, and I'm of the opinion that if you are going to eat an animal you should use the whole animal, and not kill more than you can use.

9. I still really want my ears pointed, I've even priced it up now (way more than I can justify spending at the moment), and I would like Samppa Von Cyborg to do it, as I A: Know from various people who he's modified that he's 100% professional and B: I really like his style of ear pointing.

10. I sometimes feel like I have a thousand songs floating around in my head waiting to be written, but every time I try it just comes out as terrible emo poetry, but I am talking a Futurelearn course on Songwriting next month so hopefully that will help.

11. I have a teeny tiny obsession with shoes and my collection is starting to take over the house.

My Nominations


Questions

– Do you believe in spirit animals or a connection to animals in any way?

Well I'm a cat person, I've spent most of my life with cats and was only without a cat for a couple of years when I was at uni. Horrible years so I think that says something really.

– What was your favourite city you’ve been travelling to so far?

Tallinn, I visited in 2005 with my old youth group as part of a youth exchange. Our exchange was actually with a school in Narva and we had to take a two hour bus to get there and a two hour bus to come back to Tallinn where we were staying in a hotel by the docks (Fun fact: We passed a bunch of really blatant prostitutes on the way to our hotel and our youth leader freaked the fuck out and begged us all not to tell our parents. Also I stole a shoe horn, that's not actually related to the prostitutes, it was just a thing that happened because I thought I was super edgy but now I feel bad SO THIS IS ME CONFESSING TO THEFT). On our first day in Estonia we stayed in Tallinn and a girl from the group in Narva (who had taken the two hour bus) gave us a very detailed tour of the city, some might say overly detailed as one of the places she took us was to the top floor of the Coca Cola mall to show us the fence that had been put up to stop people trying to kill themselves. It was a very odd trip, but Tallinn appealed to me as an artist, I liked the clashes in architecture and how you could walk down a street and go from harsh, industrial leftovers from the communist era, to bits of crumbly old medieval prettiness. Also I got glared at by an old lady on a tram for talking too loudly and had one of the best pizzas I've ever eaten (it had peach and broccoli on it, which is kind of an odd combo BUT IT WORKED SO WELL) whilst watching Neighbors badly dubbed into Russian.

– If you could live as any creature in any time and any place you’d like, what would it look like?
Can I be a Direwolf?

– Why did you start blogging and are you still blogging about the same subject/s?

Oh gawd you made me go and re-read my intro post and mostly it comes off like I was trying to show off *cringecringecringe* I guess I do still show off a bit, I'm just (hopefully) less tacky about it.

– How did you come up with your blogs name?

I was humming Kings of the Wild Frontier.

– Favorite Season?

Swinter

– Who is your favourite Villain?

Cersei Lannister, I am sympathetic to her, after all her power crazed father basically sold her off to a drunk who beat her and reading the books Jamie comes off pretty rapey (she told him no more than once in the events that lead up to Bran being pushed out of the window), and it totally makes sense that she'd try and live through Joffery and ended up spoiling him but she still manages to pull some pretty nasty, totally unforgivable stuff.

– What are you afraid of – any phobia?
Money, having too little or too much. It's the thing that wakes me up in the middle of the night sometimes. What if it changes me? Money is weird, can I not just trade camels instead?

– Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies?
Vampires

– What would be your top wardrobe staple?
Probably a corset lately!

– Would you prefer a night at the club / a bar or on the couch or in nature?

It kind of depends on what mood I'm in, yesterday I just wanted to veg out on the sofa forever because I was made of broken from Resistanz, today I feel like I could club and watch like a thousand more live bands and I have Rabia Sorda's "Die in Berlin" stuck in an infinite loop in my head.

My Questions

1.Where would you most like to visit?
2. How many languages do you speak?
3. What is your favorite recipe?
4. Who is your favorite hero?
5. What is your best drunk story?
6. What is the strangest accessory you own?
7. A strange fact about you.
8. What is your favourite kind of footwear?
9. If a train is travelling North at 30 mph and another train is travelling South at 50 mph at what point do you get sick of waiting and travel by Floo Powder instead?
10. If you had all the money in the world to spend on a line up for a music festival which bands would you pick to play?
11.  If you could give one piece of advice to the whole world, what would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails